“I am not a dictator,” President Obama said Friday while defending his efforts to stop the sequester. “I’m the president.”
Obama said there are limits to what he can do to get a deal on the sequester during a press conference in which he blamed Republicans for standing in the way of a deal.
But Obama on Friday characterized himself as the reasonable party in the talks and someone who couldn’t force Republicans to make a deal.
“I know that this has been some of the conventional wisdom that’s been floating around Washington that even though most people agree that I’m being reasonable, that most people agree that I’m presenting a fair deal, the fact that they don’t take it means that I should somehow do a Jedi mind-meld and convince them” to agree on a deal, Obama said.”
- Barack Obama: ‘i Am Not a Dictator’ (businessinsider.com)
- Obama: ‘I am not a dictator, I’m the president’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- ‘I am Not a Dictator. I’m the President’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sequester: “It’s just dumb,” Obama says (cbsnews.com)
- Obama’s ‘Jedi mind meld’ mixes his sci-fi metaphors (blogs.marketwatch.com)
- David Gergen : Obama “Intentionally Hurting The Country” (youviewed.com)
- Obama: “I am Not a Dictator” (whitehousedossier.com)