Sporting event overwatch …
The perfect Valentine’s Day gift …
With the Olympics on everyone’s mind we thought we’d conclude the teasers with some “Big Air” …
See the other 63 photos at The Brigade …
” Sports fans checking in on coverage of Team USA at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia might want to brace themselves for unexpected outbursts of liberal preaching from reporters covering the games.
Over the years the MRC has documented lefty reporters and writers using the games to celebrate socialist policies, bash expressions of patriotism and even work in jabs against Republicans, like when Bryant Gumbel, in 2006, complained that the “paucity” of black athletes “makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.”
In the spirit of the games, the most outrageous journalists are competing with each other in three events for the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. “
MRCTV has provided a great service by creating this article . It shows the reader how the Olympics has been used as a political soapbox by the media for years in their efforts to push their liberal , statist agenda . With clips from Lillehammer , Beijing , Athens , Salt Lake City , Sochi and more MRC examines the American media propensity to push the partisan progressive agenda even as they bemoan the politicization of the Olympics on the part of Americans in the form of an “excessive” nationalism .
Be sure to read the whole thing and watch all the videos .
” Rutgers Prof. David Robinson’s website BigGameWeather.com has received a lot of interest from state officials making Super Bowl emergency preparedness plans.
Robinson is a climatologist: he studies weather patterns from over the past eight decades.”
” A fan has provoked a furor in the world of professional wrestling after leaking the outcomes of 38 WWE matches ahead of the pay-per-view bouts.
The mystery fan, who identifies himself online as Dolphins1925, claims he has obtained the information from a source at Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), and is revealing the results to highlight the organisation’s failure to keep its storylines confidential.”
Published on Apr 27, 2013
” There are no words to describe what you’re about to see.
A Son asked his father, “Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?” The father who, despite having a heart condition, says “Yes”. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons. The father always saying “Yes” to his son’s request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his fater, “Dad, let’s join the Ironman together.”
To which, his father said “Yes”.
For those who don’t know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.
Father and son went on to complete the race together! “
Horrific Scenes On The Streets Of Pamplona As Three Men Are Brutally Gored In Bloodiest Day Yet Of This Year’s Running Of The Bulls
” He was running excitedly for his life with 1,200lb of raging bull on his tail. And then he tripped.
In that split second yesterday, this young thrill-seeker’s carnival adventure turned into a horror show that put him inches from death.
Before screaming crowds and live on TV, he was trampled, tossed and crushed, gored in the groin and impaled at one stage on the bull’s horn.
He spent 40 seconds at the mercy of the massive black beast before helpers managed to drag him to safety.
Incredibly, he survived. But yesterday the incident reignited controversy over this year’s Running of the Bulls festival in Pamplona, Spain, on what became its bloodiest day.
Three people were gored and at least six badly injured in the run, celebrated annually by participants from all over the world and universally condemned by campaigners against animal cruelty. “
” If this doesn’t get you juiced about fishing, nothing will. If you’ve never caught a mako shark, you might want to give it a try. They jump like no other fish in the sea. These guys found out when they hooked up at the 2:00 mark in this video. Their hollers are genuine and ring true to the spirit of angling, watching in awe as the shark launches into the air time after time.”
” A group of fishermen have got quite a tale to tell and possibly bragging rights for a record catch!
It could be a new state record — a massive fish weighing in at nearly 500 pounds was pulled out of the Gulf of Mexico this week.
“This is the biggest one that we’ve caught here in the Gulf of Mexico,” boat captain Jeff Wilson said. “It was 500 the day before but we had to ice it and bring it in and it loses weight during that process.”
The crew aboard the Booby Trap sport fishing boat caught what may turn out to be the largest recorded swordfish ever caught in the state. A fisherman named Brian Barclay was holding the lucky rod. The fish measured 107 inches and weighed 493 pounds. The previous record is 341 pounds and 124 inches, set back in January 2011. And as you might imagine, this swordfish put up one heck of a fight.”
” One sailor died another was hurt after a boat carrying a Swedish flag capsized Thursday in San Francisco Bay while practicing for the upcoming America’s Cup races. (May 9)”
” This roster is subject to change, as last-minute scratches may occur.
- PP#1 – Black Onyx (Rock Hard Ten x Kalahari Cat by Cape Town) – Jockey Joe Bravo to ride the colt for trainer Kelly Breen and owner Sterling Racing Stables, LLC.
- PP#2 – Oxbow (Awesome Again x Tizamazing by Cee’s Tizzy) – Jockey Gary Stevens to ride the colt for trainer D. Wayne Lukas and owner Bluegrass Hall, LLC.
- PP#3 – Revolutionary (War Pass x Runup The Colors by A. P. Indy) – Jockey Calvin Borel to ride the colt for trainer Todd Pletcher and owner WinStar Farm, LLC.
- PP#4 – Golden Soul (Perfect Soul x Hollywood Gold by Mr. Prospector) – Jockey Robby Albarado to ride the colt for trainer Dallas Stewart and owner Charles E. Fipke.
- PP#5 – Normandy Invasion (Tapit x Boston Lady by Boston Harbor) – Jockey Javier Castellano to ride the colt for trainer Chad Brown and owners Rick Porter/Fox Hill Farms, Inc.
- PP#6 – Mylute (Midnight Lute x Stage Stop by Valid Expectations) – Jockey Rosie Napravnik to ride the colt for trainer Tom Amoss and owners Gold Mark Farm, LLC/ Whisper Hill Farm.
- PP#7 – Giant Finish (Frost Giant x Apocalyptic by Hickman Creek) – Jockey Jose L. Espinoza to ride the colt for trainer Anthony W. (Tony) Dutrow and owner Sunrise Stable.
- PP#8 – Goldencents (Into Mischief x Golden Works by Banker’s Gold) – Jockey Kevin Krigger to ride the colt for trainer Doug O’Neill and owners Dave Kenney/W.C. Racing.
- PP#9 – Overanalyze (Dixie Union x Unacloud by Unaccounted For) – Jockey Rafael Beharano to ride the colt for trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Repole Stables.
- PP#10 – Palace Malice (Curlin x palace Rumor by Royal Anthem) – Jockey Mike Smith to ride the colt for trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Dogwood Stable.
- PP#11 – Lines of Battle (War Front x Black Speck by Arch) – Jockey Ryan Moore to ride the colt for trainer Aidan O’Brien and owners Joseph Allen, Mrs. John (Susan) Magnier, Derrick Smith, and Michael B. Tabor.
- PP#12 – Itsmyluckyday (Lawyer Ron x Viva La Slew by Doneraile Court) – Jockey Elvis Trujillo to ride the colr for trainer Eddie Plesa, Jr., and owners Laurie Plesa/Trilogy Stables.
- PP#13 – Falling Sky (Lion Heart x Sea Dragoness by Sea Hero) – Jockey Luis Saez to ride the colt for trainer John Terranova, II, and owner Newton Anner Stud.
- PP#14 – Verrazano (More Than Ready x Enchanted Rock by Giant’s Causeway) – Jockey John R. Velazquez to ride the colt for trainer Todd Pletcher and owners Mrs. John (Susan) Magnier, Derrick Smith, Michael B. Tabor, and Let’s Go Stable.
- PP#15 – Charming Kitten (Kitten’s Joy x Iteration by Wild Again) – Jockey Edgar Prado to ride the colt for trainer Todd Pletcher and owners Kenneth L. Ramsey and Sarah K. Ramsey.
- PP#16 – Orb (Malibu Moon x Lady Liberty by Unbridled) – Jockey Joel Rosario to ride the colt for trainer Claude R. (Shug) McGaughey, III, and owners Stuart S. Janney, III/Phipps Stable.
- PP#17 – Will Take Charge (Unbridled’s Song x Take Charge Indy by Dehere) – Jockey Jon Court to ride the colt for trainer D. Wayne Lukas and owner Willis D. Horton.
- PP#18 – Frac Daddy (Scat Daddy x Skipper’s Mate by Skip Away) – Jockey Victor Lebron to ride the colt for trainer Kenny McPeek and owners Magic City Thoroughbred Partners.
- PP#19 – Java’s War (War Pass x Java by Rainbow Quest) – Jockey Julien Leparoux to ride the colt for trainer Kenny McPeek and owner Charles E. Fipke.
- PP#20 – Vyjack (Into Mischief x Life Happened by Stravinsky) – Jockey Garrett Gomes to ride the gelding for trainer Rudy Rodriguez and owner Pick Six Racing. “
Giant Sawfish In The Florida Keys
” Catching and releasing a giant sawfish with Brett Holden/Capt. Ahab and Capt. Nick Stanczyk in the Florida Keys”
Via IGFA Comes News Of A Potential New Striped Bass All-Tackle Record
” While fishing the Black Warrior River in central Alabama on February 28th, James R. Bramlett landed this massive landlocked striped bass (Morone saxatilis) that has already earned him the new Alabama state record. Bramlett, a native of Alabama, pulled up to his fishing spot at around 11 am and immediately noticed big stripers busting schools of shad on top of the water. He quickly hooked a live shad on his hook and tossed it in the vicinity of the action. It wasn’t long before Bramlett’s outfit got slammed and he was hooked up with what he knew was a quality fish. After a 30 minute fight on 30 lb tackle, Bramlett landed this catch of a lifetime. Back on dry land, Bramlett’s fish weighed in at 31.55 kg (69 lb 9 oz) on certified scales at a local post office. With the existing record at 30.61 kg (67 lb 8 oz), Bramlett’s catch qualifies him for the potential new IGFA All-Tackle record. Congratulations James, on a great catch!”
” Finals – Semi-final and medal matches were staged for the first time in a Shotgun event, in the ISSF history, at today’s ISSF World Cup in Acapulco. Pshenichnikov won the fist Gold medal match, beating the 2012 Olympic Champion Rossi.”
” Watch popular ads that ran during Super Bowls — from Coke’s “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing” in 1972 to Apple’s “1984″ to Chrysler’s 2011 ad featuring rapper Eminem — and give the ones you like a thumbs-up, tweet and share. (Note: The videos rank by votes.)
Master Lock: Ready to do the JobWatch Master Lock’s 1974 “ready to do the job” ad, which shows a high-caliber rifle shooting a padlock.”
Capt. Brad Philipps (rear) led Angela (left) and Dave (right) Workman to an amazing 91 sailfish releases Dec. 28, 2012, aboard Decisive.
” Capt. Brad Philipps, generally regarded as one of the best billfish captains on the planet, added to his legacy in late December, tallying incredible numbers of billfish releases aboard his 40-foot Gamefisherman,Decisive.
Over a 10-day stretch, Philipps, who operates Guatemalan Billfishing Adventures, released well over 400 sailfish. The action got hot right after Christmas, on Dec. 27, when Philipps found a huge body of fish only 7 to 14 miles offshore and tallied 40 releases from 49 bites.
“But the following day saw one of those unbelievable bites most only dream about,” said Philipps, who has released more than 23,000 billfish over the past 11 years in Guatemala and has won The Billfish Foundation’s Release Captain of the Year Award for 10 years straight.”
” The Lance Armstrong Ride to Redemption began in earnest on Monday, and not just because the disgraced cyclist admitted — as expected — to the doping that cost him his seven Tour de France victories during an emotional interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Armstrong is also in talks to return some of the millions of taxpayer dollars he received from the United States Postal Service, which sponsored his team from 1998 to 2004, CBS News reported. Armstrong has also indicated a willingness to testify against others involved in doping.
RELATED: LANCE ADMITS TO OPRAH HE USED PEDs
The negotiations may be an attempt to avoid criminal prosecution or prevent the government from joining the whistleblower suit filed by Armstrong’s former teammate Floyd Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France victory because of doping.
Justice Department officials have urged the feds to join the whistleblower suit, CBS said, and the government’s resources would make the case far more troublesome for Armstrong than if Landis pursued it alone. Landis could collect up to 30% of any money recovered in the case. “