” At a Los Angeles Times in-house awards ceremony a week ago, columnist Steve Lopez addressed the elephant in the room.
Speaking to the entire staff, he said, “Raise your hand if you would quit if the paper was bought by Austin Beutner’s group.” No one raised their hands.
“Raise you hand if you would quit if the paper was bought by Rupert Murdoch.” A few people raised their hands.
Facing the elephant trunk-on, “Raise your hand if you would quit if the paper was bought by the Koch brothers.” About half the staff raised their hands.
Recent owner of the LA Times, Sam Zell, has been painted as the devil incarnate for slashing the editorial staff and for his vulgar demeanor.”
Tag Archive: Tolerance
“I always thought it was the Archie Bunkers of the world, the right-wingers of world, who were more resistant and more closed-minded about hearing the other side,” he said. “In fact, what I have learned is, in a very painful way — and I can open this shirt and show you the scars and the knife wounds — is that it is big media institutions who are identifiably more liberal to left-leaning who will shut you down …”
- Kirsten Powers: Dems Less Tolerant of Dissent, They’re Used to Controlling the Media (wizbangblog.com)
- Juan Williams: Liberal media will “shut you down, stab you, kill you, fire you” if you disagree (ihatethemedia.com)
- The Left is Circling the Wagons against Dr. Ben Carson (grumpyelder.com)
- Bolling: “White people aren’t afraid of blacks, they’re afraid of moron, idiot liberals like Michael Moore” (iowntheworld.com)
- The Left is Circling the Wagons against Dr. Ben Carson (americanthinker.com)
- The time has come for the Liberal Media to stop Censoring the News (ireport.cnn.com)
- Rough Week For Liberals… Three Deranged Far Left Killers Make the News (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Special Open Thread: Even Obama Fans Don’t Believe the Liberal Media?! (newsbusters.org)
- JOHN HINDERAKER: What’s News And What Isn’t. “The liberal media manifest their bias not primarily … (pjmedia.com)
- Goldberg: The Liberal Media Mock Rubio Because They’re Scared of Him (newshounds.us)
” Ms. Smith, a 53-year-old teacher in North Carolina, said that despite signs that she was attracted to women, she was “clueless” in her youth.
“I always wanted to find a husband because my mother felt that women should be married,” Ms. Smith said.
At 18, she registered as a Republican, and though she briefly reconsidered her party affiliation when she came out, Ms. Smith voted for Mr. Romney, albeit reluctantly. Echoing the more than a dozen women interviewed, Ms. Smith said liberal lesbians react more negatively to her political views than conservatives do to her sexual orientation.
“Mention that you’re Christian or mention that you’re Republican and suddenly you just get vilified,” she said. “That may be one of the reasons for the lack of visibility of gay women in the Republican Party.”
Still, she said, “What good are gay rights if your country is falling apart?” “
- Lesbians Come Out of the Republican Closet (asher813.typepad.com)
- Lesbian Republicans speak out to win others to GOP (seattletimes.com)
- WATCH: Support Marriage Equality Or Gay Women Will Marry Your Boyfriend (queerty.com)