” (National Review) – Ben Carson, the noted pediatric neurosurgeon, has become the target of a petition by Johns Hopkins students who want him removed as the medical school’s commencement speaker this spring.
Dr. Carson became a media sensation in January when he questioned Obamacare and progressive taxation in a speech to the National Prayer Breakfast as President Obama sat just a few feet away from him.
With his new prominence, Carson has apparently also riled some liberals, including these Johns Hopkins students. Last Tuesday, he told Sean Hannity of Fox News that “marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are, they don’t get to change the definition.” “
- Dr. Ben Carson should not have been replaced as the commencement speaker at Johns Hopkins (thesunnews.typepad.com)
- John Hopkins embarrassed of Ben Carson (educationviews.org)
- Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech? (nationalreview.com)
- Destroying Ben Carson. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Med students want Dr. Ben Carson replaced as commencement speaker (bizpacreview.com)
- Carson Willing to Step Down as Commencement Speaker After Protests. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Students demand prayer breakfast critic be pulled from commencement (thehill.com)