” U.N. human rights investigators have gathered testimony from casualties of Syria’s civil war and medical staff indicating that rebel forces have used the nerve agent sarin, one of the lead investigators said on Sunday.
The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.
“Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated,” Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.
“This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities,” she added, speaking in Italian.”
Tag Archive: United Nations
” Stop the U.N. Gun Ban
Petition to my United States Senators
Whereas: The Obama Administration is working with the United Nations to ratify the anti-gun so-called “Small Arms Treaty;” and
Whereas: The so-called “Small Arms Treaty” – which is nothing more than gun control scheme on a GLOBAL scale – is the gun-grabbers’ ultimate prize; and
Whereas: The U.N. is finalizing details of their gun ban in March, setting the stage for a Senate showdown; and
Whereas: The ratification of this treaty would likely create an international gun registry, paving the way for full-scale gun confiscation; and
Therefore: I INSIST you vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty.” “
- Stop The UN Arms Treaty (youviewed.com)
- United Nations moves ahead with Global Gun Control Treaty (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- 46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N. (offgridsurvival.com)
- EDITORIAL: Gun control by the U.N. (washingtontimes.com)
- The UN Small Arms Treaty Talks Are Getting Serious – Where’s The Outrage? (freedomoutpost.com)
- U.N. In Final Days Of Creating Global Gun Control Treaty In Manhattan – OpEd (albanytribune.com)
- What’s at stake in U.N. arms trade treaty negotiations? (theseatonpost.com)
- The UN Small Arms Treaty Talks Are Getting Serious – Where’s The Outrage? (amresolution.com)
” On Monday, in New York City, the United Nations kicked off its final round of negotiations on its comprehensive global arms trade treaty agreement.
In preparation for the talks, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed his optimism in a statement released last week that all 193 Member State will “overcome their differences and muster the political will needed to agree on this landmark treaty.”
While it’s unclear what the final draft of the ATT will look like, Ban Ki-moon said that he expects it to include regulations on both weapons and ammunition, from “small arms to tanks to combat aircraft.”
“I reiterate my support for an Arms Trade Treaty that regulates international transfers of both weapons and ammunition and provides for common standards for exporting States. These standards are important for assessing the risks that transferred weapons are not used to fuel conflict, arm criminals or abet violations of international humanitarian or human rights law,” said Ban ki-moon.
Ban Ki-moon also noted that this treaty was only the beginning, a launching pad for more expansive regulations down the road.”
- NRA vs UN: Arms Trade Treaty stirs frenzy in US gun lobby (sgtreport.com)
- UN to debate global arms treaty (aljazeera.com)
- Nations gather for final U.N. arms trade treaty negotiations (Reuters) (newsdaily.com)
- US says it’s committed to strong Arms Trade Treaty (foxnews.com)
- UN reopens talks on NRA-opposed arms trade treaty (theseatonpost.com)
- NRA vs UN: Arms Trade Treaty stirs frenzy in US gun lobby (thedailysheeple.com)
” Just as NRA warned would happen, following last November’s presidential election, the Obama administration immediately moved forward with its plans to support a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. On Wednesday November 7, the U.S. Mission to the U.N. made clear its support for renewed ATT negotiations, casting a vote in favor of a resolution that calls for a “Final United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty” to be held in New York City from March 18-28.
If signed, the ATT would be a legally binding treaty that would require parties to the treaty to adhere to the treaty’s provisions, many of which (as proposed in a month-long meeting last July) are incompatible with our Second Amendment rights. For the treaty to be ratified it would have to be approved by a two-thirds vote in the U.S. Senate. During the July ATT conference, NRA conducted a successful campaign to stop the treaty.”
- Obama urged to back tough arms trade treaty (worldbulletin.net)
- Getting Small Arms Out Of The Wrong Hands – OpEd (albanytribune.com)
- The Truth About the Arms Trade Treaty (conservativebyte.com)
- Read UN Small Arms Treaty: March 18 – 28 2013, If Ratified, The 2nd Amendment Will Be Gone (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- UN Arms Trade Treaty (worldtradelaw.typepad.com)
” North Korea threatened South Korea with “final destruction” during a debate at the U.N Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday, saying it could take “second and third steps” after a nuclear test last week.
Without specifically referring to the nuclear test, Jon said North Korea had recently taken a “resolute step for self-defense,” which he described as “strong counteractions to a foreign aggressor.”
“If the U.S. takes a hostile approach toward the DPRK to the last, rendering the situation complicated, it (North Korea) will be left with no option but to take the second and third stronger steps in succession,” he added without elaborating.”
” The US, Canada, Australia and UK have refused to sign an international communications treaty at an conference in Dubai.
The countries had objected to calls for all states to have equal rights to the governance of the internet.
But the breaking point was the addition of text relating to “human rights”.
It marks a setback for the UN’s International Telecommunication Union (ITU) which had said it was sure it could deliver consensus.
“It’s with a heavy heart and a sense of missed opportunities that the US must communicate that it’s not able to sign the agreement in the current form,” said Terry Kramer the US ambassador to the World Conference on International Telecommunications (Wcit).
“The internet has given the world unimaginable economic and social benefit during these past 24 years.”
Negotiators from Denmark, Italy, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Chile, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Costa Rica and Kenya have said they would need to consult with their national governments about how to proceed and would also not be able to sign the treaty as planned on Friday.”
- WCIT collapses: US, UK, allies refuse to sign treaty after Africa wins floor vote (commsday.com)
- U.S., U.K. And Canada Refuse To Sign U.N. Internet Treaty In Dubai (fastcompany.com)
- Internet remains unregulated after UN treaty blocked (guardian.co.uk)
- U.N. summit implodes as U.S., others spurn Internet treaty (news.cnet.com)
- US and Most Western Countries Refuse to Sign ITU Treaty over Internet Control Issues (news.softpedia.com)
- US walks on democratic WCIT treaty (go.theregister.com)
” Bureaucrats from around the world will gather behind closed doors in Dubai next week to plot an end to the Internet as we know it — or so Washington would have you believe.
Hill lawmakers warn that the 120-plus U.S. delegation needs to fend off efforts by China, Russia and developing nations to use a United Nations branch organization to censor or tax the Net. Google is orchestrating an online petition drive, and even Grover Norquist is involved. “
Does Anyone Believe That Freedom Will Be Advanced By The Likes Of Russia , China Or The Muslim World ?
Of Course We Here At Youviewed Never Believed That Obama Could Persuade A Majority Of The Voters That He Was Best For Our Country Either .
” In a consensus-driven process, member states of the International Telecommunications Union, a branch of the U.N., will negotiate a new treaty on international telecommunication regulations. It’s only one vote per country, and, by definition, that will weed out extreme proposals, experts say.
At the end of the day, the U.S. doesn’t have to sign the treaty — it’s all voluntary.
So why all the hysteria about the Dubai confab?
“The concern over WCIT was never that it would be the killing blow but rather the latest, and by no means the last, effort by repressive governments to kill the Internet any way they can,” said Larry Downes, a tech consultant and one of the preeminent rabble-rousers of doom surrounding the treaty negotiations. “
- Would you trust Vladimir Putin with the keys to the web? (guardian.co.uk)
- U.s. Leaders Warn of Global Plot Against Internet… (politico.com)
- EU Says Telecoms Treaty Should Not Expand Web Regulation – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Cassidy: Google’s Vint Cerf worries about WCIT and the Internet he helped create (mercurynews.com)
- U.N. WCIT-12 makes Syrian Internet blackout ‘trivial’ everywhere (zdnet.com)
- U.N. readies for protests on eve of secret Internet regulation treaty (zdnet.com)
- Europe Joins Free Internet Chorus (technewsworld.com)
- Dubai Internet Confab a Threat? Or Harmless Bureaucratic Maneuvering? (pjmedia.com)
- Grover Norquist Interview too Hot for Regular TV! (fiscalcleft.com)
Anti-Semitism is rampant in Europe and it goes hand in hand with the de facto establishment of Sha’aria law that is taking over as Old Europe succumbs to the immmigrant birth tidal wave that is fast making the French , Germans , Dutch and other continental peoples extinct .
” Spain’s foreign minister says Spain will vote in favor of recognition of a Palestinian state at the U.N. General Assembly this week.
Jose Manuel Garcia Margallo told parliament Wednesday that Spain would support the Palestinian bid at the U.N., because it feels it is the best way to advance toward peace.
As TheBlaze reported on Tuesday, France became the first major European country to come out in favor of U.N. recognition, a move seen as a setback for Israel. The timing of the French move seemed to be rooted in an attempt to sway other European nations in the same direction. In Spain’s case, such a notion took root. “
Be Sure And Read The Whole Thing , Donate And Pass It On .
|Dear fellow Patriot,
Gun-grabbers around the globe believe they have it made.
You see, only hours after re-election, Barack Obama immediately made a move for gun control…
On November 7th, his administration gleefully voted at the UN for a renewed effort to pass the “Small Arms Treaty.”
I don’t know about you, but watching anti-American globalists plot against our Constitution makes me sick.
What’s worse, the UN set March 18th-28th to meet to pass the final version of the treaty that will be sent to the Senate for ratification.
You and I will only have a few short months to prepare for this battle…
If we’re to succeed, we must fight back now.
That’s why I’m helping lead the fight to defeat the UN “Small Arms Treaty” in the United States Senate.
And it’s why I need your help today.
Will you join me by taking a public stand against the UN “Small Arms Treaty” and sign the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey right away?
Ultimately, UN bureaucrats will stop at nothing to register,ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.
So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept many of their schemes under wraps.
But looking at previous attempts by the UN to pass global gun control, you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.
- GOA: The political Left is firing back. (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- Question of the Day: Do Gun Grabbers Want Us Dead? (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- City By City Assault On Our Rights (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- Gun Confiscation will Fail. 15 Reasons Why It Will Fall Apart. (thelonestarwatchdog.com)
- Cagle Post – Political Cartoons & Commentary – ” Unholy Trio: Gun Control, the UN and Obama (mbcalyn.com)
- SubJect: Civil War Coming? (enigma944.wordpress.com)
- Disarm America Globalists Pull Out All Stops to Grab Guns After Obama Victory (animalsclubfreedom.typepad.com)
Report from U.N. Watchdog Agency Puts Tehran Closer to Producing Enough Enriched Fuel for a Weapon; Worries Over Qom
” Iran has finished installing nearly 3,000 nuclear-fuel production machines at its underground military facility near the holy city of Qom, providing Tehran the capability to double its production of medium-enriched uranium in the coming months, a new report said.
These advances, outlined in a report on Iran by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nations nuclear watchdog, could allow Tehran’s Islamist leaders to accumulate in as little as three to four months enough uranium enriched to 20% purity for one atomic weapon, according to nuclear experts.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has cited this level of nuclear-fuel production by Tehran as the “red line” for when the Jewish state might launch military strikes against Iran’s nuclear facilities. Iran was likely to amass this stockpile of fissile material by next summer, Mr. Netanyahu estimated in a September speech at the U.N.”
- IAEA report raises alarm over Iran’s nuclear plans (euronews.com)
- Iran could have enough uranium for a nuclear weapon in three months: Officials (news.nationalpost.com)
- Iran’s first nuclear plant may have suffered new setback – Reuters UK (uk.reuters.com)
- Diplomats claim Iranian nuclear program is on verge of breakthrough (timesofisrael.com)