Tag Archive: US
” In a story titled “Gun deaths shaped by race in America”, the Washington Post cites statistics showing how race ties into gun-related deaths in the USA.
The statistical difference is dramatic, according to a Washington Post analysis of data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A white person is five times as likely to commit suicide with a gun than to be shot with a gun; for each African American who uses a gun to commit suicide, five are killed by other people with guns.”
” Out of the 165,068 murders that took place between the years 2000 and 2010, 1,172 were committed by American Indians, and 2,156 were committed by people of Asian or Pacific Island descent. 15,843 of the murders were committed by Hispanics, 49,936 by non-Hispanic Whites and 68,531 by Blacks.
Despite the fact that the USA has the world’s highest rate of gun ownership, the gun homicide rate in the USA is roughly 3 per 1,000 people (as reported by Richard Florida of The Atlantic Cities andby Simon Rogers of The Guardian). Yet, the gun homicide rate isn’t uniform through the nation. Instead, it is highest in particular urban areas, as seen in the image below.”
” Now, compare the gun murder rate in the USA to the rate of gun ownership in the USA.”
” Apparently, there is no correlation between the percentage of legal gun ownership and the gun murder rate.
As for the significantly-high black-on-black murder rate that Barbara Reynolds cites (and that the Washington Post dances around), that rate could simply be the result of where the perpetrators live. Densely-populated urban areas have been known as areas of violence as long as there have been densely-populated urban areas, even when there were no guns to control. The high black-on-black murder rate in the USA could simply be the result of the USA’s African-American population being heavily concentrated in urban areas.”
Civil War And The Litmus Test – “Will You Shoot Americans?”
” Dr. Jim Garrow is a renowned author and whistleblower who has been nominated for a Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian work. He is the author of The Pink Pagoda: One Man’s Quest to End Gendercide in China.
He has spent over $25 million over the past sixteen years rescuing an estimated 40,000 baby Chinese girls from near-certain death under China’s one-child-per-couple policy by facilitating international adoptions. He is the founder and executive director of the Bethune Institute’s Pink Pagoda schools, private English-immersion schools for Chinese children. Today he runs 168 schools with nearly 6,300 employees.
Dr Garrow was recently contacted by a high ranking military official who implored him to reveal the truth about a “litmus test” that is being proposed by the Obama administration to the military asking the question “will you shoot Americans if they won’t give you their guns?”
For more info on the work of Dr.Jim Garrow visit:
- Dr. Jim Garrow Claims Obama Asked Military Leaders If They Will “Fire On US Citizens” (vineoflife.net)
- Re: Civil War And The Litmus Test – “Will you shoot Americans?” (libertycaucus.net)
- Civil War II: The Patriots vs. the Globalists (poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com)
” The prospect of a tax on deposits in the banks of Cyprus has even left-leaning economic commentators in a tizzy.“A tactical blunder,” declared Lawrence Summers, who was President Clinton’s Treasury Secretary and chairman of the National Economic Council for President Obama. A proposed tax of 6.75% on deposits up to about $130,000 and of 9.9% on deposits of more than $130,000 “would unfairly punish savers and could do lasting damage to confidence in banks in other euro-zone countries in financial crisis,” the New York Times wrote in an editorial denouncing the idea
Is it the taking? Bloomberg View columnist Caroline Baum, a sage, criticized the Cyprus proposal on the grounds that it is a confiscation that “amounts to a seizure of private property.” For those of us Americans who will see the IRS or state governments withdraw funds from our own bank accounts next month for tax owed, or who are seeing payroll withdrawals and estimated tax payments this year that are higher than they have been in a decade, the distinction between “seizure of private property” in Cyprus and here at home will be, alas, an awfully fine one.”
By way of comparison the US violent crime rate for 2011 was 386.3 per 100,000 people … And we need to emulate Europe ?
” In February 2009, CNBC contributor Rick Santelli gave birth to a movement, not because of anything in particular he said, but rather because he gave voice to what millions of people were thinking in their hearts. It was an appeal to a basic principle. On Wednesday, KY Sen. Rand Paul is doing the same.”
The idea of targeted killing of American’s should unite us all , left and right . Right now Obama holds the joystick , that is true , and that may satisfy those of you on the left , ” civil liberties” supporters though you claim to be , but sooner or later another republican will be in command and if your BDS of the past is any indication you will be none too happy when a person of the right holds the power to strike from above at will and with no oversight .
- Rand Paul: DRAWS LINE IN SAND “I will speak until I can no longer speak.” (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- Krauthammer: This Is The Moment That Launched Rand Paul As A National Figure (breitbart.com)
- Rand Paul’s #filiblizzard filibuster | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Revolts Against the Tyranny of DRONES! I will not let Obama ‘shred the Constitution’ (sgtreport.com)
- Rand Paul filibusters John Brennan – old school (conservativeread.com)
- Rick Santelli: ‘We Are Now Europe’ (huffingtonpost.com)
” China surpassed the U.S. to become the world’s biggest trading nation last year as measured by the sum of exports and imports of goods, official figures from both countries show.
U.S. exports and imports of goods last year totaled $3.82 trillion, the U.S. Commerce Department said last week. China’s customs administration reported last month that the country’s trade in goods in 2012 amounted to $3.87 trillion.
China’s growing influence in global commerce threatens to disrupt regional trading blocs as it becomes the most important commercial partner for some countries. Germany may export twice as much to China by the end of the decade as it does to France, estimated Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s Jim O’Neill.
“It is remarkable that an economy that is only a fraction of the size of the U.S. economy has a larger trading volume,”Nicholas Lardy, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington, said in an e-mail. The increase isn’t all the result of an undervalued yuan fueling an export boom, as Chinese imports have grown more rapidly than exports since 2007, he said.”
- China Eclipses U.S. as Biggest Trading Nation (grumpyelder.com)
- China trade now bigger than US (independent.ie)
- In World Trade, China Edges Out The U.S. (forbes.com)
- China Passes U.S. to Become World’s Biggest Trading Nation (madeinusanews.com)
- China trade now bigger than US (sgtreport.com)
- China overtakes US in world trade (guardian.co.uk)
” For those curious about where the creepiest of the creepy places are in this relatively young country of ours, fear not! This great land has its fair share of spine-tingling destinations. While ghostly activities may not be a guarantee, the mystique of these destinations alone can enchant naysayers and enrapture the true believers. Here are our top five creepiest towns in America.”
We find this current fixation on ” gun murders ” as opposed to ALL murders to be a sad commentary on the state of public debate which , as we know , is driven by a statist-media agenda . It is demeaning to all of us and especially to the multitude of victims killed by other means .
We speak from personal experience when we say that focussing on the means instead of the end is a political mechanism geared to disarming us both literally and figuratively . A life taken is a life gone regardless of the method employed .
Full Disclosure : Editor’s first wife was strangled with her own purse strap while attempting to resist a rapist . Are we to believe that her life and loss of same is somehow less significant than the gangster thug shot down on a street corner in retaliation for a drug deal gone bad ?
Barack Obama is under pressure to tighten gun laws after following the disclosure by police that the Newtown gunman used a semi-automatic assault rifle equipped with “numerous” high-capacity magazines holding hundreds of bullets to carry out his massacre of young children.
And the murder figures themselves are astounding for Brits used to around 550 murders per year. In 2011 – the latest year for which detailed statistics are available – there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.
The FBI crime statistics are based on reports to FBI bureau and local law enforcement. The figures are not complete – there are no stats for Florida or Alabama on firearm murders. But even so it provides a detailed picture of attacks by state. “
Please excuse the brief rant above . While we do not care for this tactic of isolating one type of killing over another because it has proven useful to the statist agenda , we did find this map of interest and are sure that the liberty loving statistician types among our readers might make good use of the map and the other data at the link . Forgive us for getting personal for a moment …
- Pulling Back The Left’s Demonizing Of The Modern Musket: Real Numbers Of Violent Crime In The US (givemeliberty01.com)
- The gun grabbers of January (triblive.com)
- GOA’s Larry Pratt Was Right: British Gun Crime Stats Are A ‘Sham’ (infiniteunknown.net)
- Firearm Homicides Dropping. Assault Weapons Ban Not Correlated With Decrease In Homicides. No Need For New Restrictions. (wmbriggs.com)
- Our Lesson Again Boys And Girls ? It’s Not About Guns , It’s About Control (youviewed.com)
- ‘Assault’ rifles are not involved in many U.S. murders: A look at the data (blogs.marketwatch.com)
- CHARTS: See Which States Have The Most Of Gun Crimes (businessinsider.com)
- Heartland Institute Experts React to President Obama’s Gun Control Proposals (prweb.com)
- The Danger of Guns, Put in Perspective (qctpp.org)
” Libertarians, like other Americans, want to be able to walk city streets safely and be secure in their homes. We also want our Constitutional rights protected, to guard against the erosion of our civil liberties. In particular, Libertarians want to see all people treated equally under the law, as our Constitution requires.America’s millions of gun owners are people too.
Law-abiding, responsible citizens do not and should not need to ask anyone’s permission or approval to engage in a peaceful activity. Gun ownership, by itself, harms no other person and cannot morally justify criminal penalties.
America’s founders fought the Revolutionary War to throw off British tyranny. Most of the revolutionaries owned and used their own guns in that war. After the war, in 1789, the 13 American States adopted the Constitution, creating the federal government. Before ratifying the Constitution, the people demanded a Bill of Rights to prevent our government from depriving them of their liberties as the British had done.
One of the most important protections we have against government tyranny is that we are presumed innocent of any crime until proven guilty, before a jury, in a proper trial. “
- Proof That Our Founding Fathers Intended for Every Citizen to Keep Arms (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)
- secession from tyranny worldwide at once (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Sheriff Mack: Constitutional Sheriffs Refusing to Take Guns IS the Solution to Tyranny (sgtreport.com)
- If They Come For Your Guns. Do You Have A Responsibility To Fight? (freedomoutpost.com)
- If They Come For Your Guns, Do You Have A Responsibility To Fight? (libertycrier.com)
- The Right to Shoot Tyrants, Not Deer,The Second Amendment is the Guarantee of Freedom (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)
- Are Americans Really That Stupid… (exohuman.com)
- Elect A New Congress, Super Pac for All Americans, Releases the ON LIBERTY Video Script (prweb.com)
” Actually made before the MkI (dont ask), the MkII was the most common type of Welrod with some 14,000 produced. It was rather heavy for a weapon designed to be secreted away at 38-ounces and was
Welrod MK II could make use of captured German, Italian and Japanese ammunition.
slightly over a foot long. Chambered for .32ACP (7.65x17mm), the same caliber as many popular Italian, German, and Japanese pistols, the gun was stated to be able to fire a 72-grain Kynoch lead head at 920fps. Its single stack magazine held 8-shots.
The German military captured many of the weapons dropped to European Resistance groups and the MkII Welrod was often in these caches. The SS special operations groups led by Otto Skorzeny (called once the most dangerous man in Europe) are known to have carried the occasional Welrod. A number were given as reverse-Lend Lease to the US Navy who referred to them as “.32 Hand Firing Mechanism Mk.1 Mod 0″ to obscure its use as a weapon of special applications. Many of these later were passed on to the CIA.
A Black Hole of Information
The individual who invented the Welrod or even company that manufactured them is a matter of conjecture and is a question that has never been definitively answered. Even the name ‘Welrod’ has never been fully explained other than in urban legends that have found their way onto the Internet over the years. While small resolution diagrams abound, the full and correct set of manufacturer’s blue prints have seemingly never been declassified. Additionally, the guns were almost completely unmarked so they could be deniable if captured. It is thought that BSA made the Welrod production pistols, although this information is still classified. “
- Stockholm Syndrome, Newtown and the Liberator Pistol (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Forces issued with new pistols (express.co.uk)
- New Glock pistols for British forces (bbc.co.uk)
- British soldiers to be armed with Glock pistols (standard.co.uk)
” Dean Garrison wrote an article in the D. C. Clothesline recently which gives a very good overview of the issues and the stake. I implore you to read this and consider very carefully where you will stand, like everything else, preparation and planning is important. Here’s Dean.
‘I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.
About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.
If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it…. “
- Very Powerful and Compelling… (sector7studio.wordpress.com)
- If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? | The D.C. Clothesline (constitutionclub.org)
- If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? | The D.C. Clothesline (libertyendanger.com)
- FOCUS | Is the Constitution Still Relevant? (readersupportednews.org)
- Is America’s Constitution No Longer Wanted by “Most” Americans? (conservativesonfire.wordpress.com)
- If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? (sgtreport.com)
- If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? (dcclothesline.wordpress.com)
” The US, Canada, Australia and UK have refused to sign an international communications treaty at an conference in Dubai.
The countries had objected to calls for all states to have equal rights to the governance of the internet.
But the breaking point was the addition of text relating to “human rights”.
It marks a setback for the UN’s International Telecommunication Union (ITU) which had said it was sure it could deliver consensus.
“It’s with a heavy heart and a sense of missed opportunities that the US must communicate that it’s not able to sign the agreement in the current form,” said Terry Kramer the US ambassador to the World Conference on International Telecommunications (Wcit).
“The internet has given the world unimaginable economic and social benefit during these past 24 years.”
Negotiators from Denmark, Italy, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Chile, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Costa Rica and Kenya have said they would need to consult with their national governments about how to proceed and would also not be able to sign the treaty as planned on Friday.”
- WCIT collapses: US, UK, allies refuse to sign treaty after Africa wins floor vote (commsday.com)
- U.S., U.K. And Canada Refuse To Sign U.N. Internet Treaty In Dubai (fastcompany.com)
- Internet remains unregulated after UN treaty blocked (guardian.co.uk)
- U.N. summit implodes as U.S., others spurn Internet treaty (news.cnet.com)
- US and Most Western Countries Refuse to Sign ITU Treaty over Internet Control Issues (news.softpedia.com)
- US walks on democratic WCIT treaty (go.theregister.com)
“The U.S. Mission to the United Nations helped move a controversial arms trade treaty on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after President Obama won reelection.
The Obama administration was widely blamed by treaty advocates for derailing the effort back in July when it asked for more time amid growing opposition from Republicans and pro-gun-rights Democrats who are worried the treaty would affect the sale of civilian weapons in the United States. Fifty senators — including eight Democrats — signed on to a letter at the time signaling their opposition to the treaty.
The U.S. Mission said the timing of the vote had nothing to do with the election. They said it was initially scheduled for last week but was delayed because of Hurricane Sandy.
“Our objectives for the ATT have not changed,” a Mission official told The Hill. “In particular, we seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout. As we have made clear, we will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms.”
Be Ready Folks , This Is Just The Beginning , Now That Dear Leader Has ” more flexibility “