” Where is the Big Picture? Why is it not possible for John Boehner or anyone else in this party to articulate for the dumbstruck public watching these dreadful cliff negotiations what the Republican Party stands for? Who speaks for the GOP?
No end of people keep saying of the Republicans that “they” should do this or “they” should do that. Who’s “they”? It is no one. With the Republicans, there’s no “they” there.
Barack Obama is controlling the cliff narrative now because the GOP has no one whose job is counter-narrative. Mr. Obama this week was recycling campaign speeches about the middle class at the Daimler Detroit diesel plant while the GOP has been a Babel of Beltway voices. Don’t any of these senators go to church on Sunday morning, rather than running around television punching the “entitlement crisis” card? “
- The Fiscal Cliff. Are Small Businesses Panicking? (sukimudan.wordpress.com)
- Boehner unpopular everywhere (dailykos.com)
- Justin Amash, ousted last week from key House panel, signals possible revolt against GOP leaders (mlive.com)
- Public on Obama’s side in tax-hike drive, poll finds (blogs.marketwatch.com)
- Fiscal cliff: Obama and Boehner tussle as GOP argues over deal – live – The Guardian (blog) (guardian.co.uk)
- No Room For Conservatives In The GOP (personalliberty.com)
- When GOP Was in Charge California Was Golden – Now It’s a Poverty-Stricken Broke State (conservativeread.com)
- GOP tries to quell dissenters on taxes (politico.com)
- GOP Civil War? Ousted Conservatives Not Going Quietly (dailypaul.com)