” Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) today introduced a budget he says will balance the budget in five years with $2.3 trillion in tax cuts.
Paul’s “Platform to Revitalize America” brings spending below the historical average of 19.1 percent of GDP in the first year and spends $9.6 trillion less over the next 10 years based on the current Congressional Budget Office baseline. It achieves a $17 billion surplus in FY2018 and reforms entitlement programs — Medicare recipients, for example, would receive the same healthcare plan as members of Congress.
It replenishes $126 billion to the Defense Department stripped in sequestration and puts an annual cap on foreign aid at $5 billion. The plan also repeals ObamaCare and Dodd Frank.
Paul’s budget kills four government agencies: the departments of Commerce, Education, Housing and Urban Development, and Energy. It also privatizes the Transportation Security Administration.”
- Senate endorses Keystone pipeline project via budget amendment – @thehill (thehill.com)
- 10 things you need to know about Rand Paul’s fiscal year 2014 budget (redalertpolitics.com)
- Budget Cuts Without Hysteria (youviewed.com)
- Senate passes $3.7 million budget plan (newsday.com)
- Senate Passes Democratic Budget (foxnews.com)