DHS Components Total Round Purchased In FY2010-2012 Total Inventory CBP 141,624,536 94,404,329 FLETC 61,131,009 18,797,942 FPS/NPPD 11,692,000 2,500,000 ICE 66,494,000 42,300,000 TSA 37,800,000 29,909,514 USCG 28,853,241 70,258,197 USSS 13,956,460 5,563,380 Total DHS 361,551,246 263,733,362
” I provided you a response from the Department of Homeland Security on Saturday concerning the large number of rounds of ammunition that they are soliciting for. I continue to leave it up to the reader to determine if they think DHS’ response is truthful or not. However, their response came just two days after they solicited for 360,000 more .40 caliber hollow point bullets. DHS told us these are for training purposes and, in fact, these are being sent to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, which is the same location that 240,000 hollow points were sent to last month. However, I want to provide you with more details that DHS has put in print and ask some questions.
The current solicitation can be found on the Federal Business Opportunities website and you will notice that the “Bid MUST be good for 30 calendar days after close of Buy.” So this purchase is not one of those “over five years” kinds of purchase.
Several congressmen have pushed DHS on these purchases, which resulted in the response from DHS, including fifteen that banded together to get answers. Some of which were not addressed. ”
- DHS to Buy 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Is DHS Short Of Ammo Or Are They Sending it To The Cartels To Go With The Fast & Furious Weapons ? (youviewed.com)
- DHS Buys Another 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition (thegatewaypundit.com)
- DHS Under Fire for Buying Another 360,000 Bullets ‘to save money’ (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- HOMEFRONT: DHS To Buy 360,000 More Rounds Of Hollow Point Ammunition (patdollard.com)