As Lead Sponsor In House On Gun Legislation, Rep. Diana DeGette Appears To Not Understand How They Work
” Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette has been the lead sponsor on a federal ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines in two Congresses, saying it’s one of her top priorities.
But Tuesday at a Denver Post forum on the gun control debate, the senior congresswoman from Denver appeared to not understand how guns work.
“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”
What she didn’t appear to understand is that a magazine can be reloaded with more bullets.”
- Incompetent Elected Official of the Month: Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colorado) (ethicsalarms.com)
- Lead Sponsor of Federal High Capacity Ban Was Unaware Magazines Could Be Reloaded (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- CO Nutbag Democrat DeGette Doesn’t Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded (patdollard.com)
- Congresswoman Does Not Realize the ‘Assault Magazines’ She Wants to Ban Are Reusable (reason.com)
- D’oh! Anti-gun Democrat makes ‘bullet’ gaffe (wnd.com)
- MUST-SEE – Colorado Dem Rep. Diana DeGette Mocks Age Of Pro-Gun Senior Citizen At Town Hall: ‘You’d Probably Be Dead Anyway’ (patdollard.com)
- Idiocy: Colo. rep. mocks elderly gun rights advocate; doesn’t know how guns work (twitchy.com)
- Bonus Quote of the Day (politicalwire.com)
- Democratic Rep. Mocks Elderly Man During Gun Control Forum: ‘You’d Probably Be Dead Anyway’ (mediaite.com)