Kathleen Sebelius Won’t Waive Regulation For Girl With Five Weeks To Live: ‘Someone Lives And Someone Dies’
” Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius rebuffed an appeal from Rep. Lou Barletta on behalf of a girl who needs a lung transplant but can’t get one because of a federal regulation that prevents her from qualifying for a transplant.
“Please, suspend the rules until we look at this policy,” Barletta, a Pennsylvania Republican, asked Sebelius during a House hearing Tuesday on behalf of Sarah Murnaghan, a 10-year-old girl who needs a lung transplant. She can’t qualify for an adult lung transplant until the age of 12, according to federal regulations, but Sebelius has the authority to waive that rule on her behalf. The pediatric lungs for which she currently qualifies aren’t available.”
- Obamacare Death Panel Ghoul Kathleen Sebelius Denies Transplant To Ailing Child (vineoflife.net)
- Sebelius to Dying 10 Year-Old Girl: “Someone Lives, Someone Dies” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Get Ready For Obamacare: Sebelius Refuses Republican Congressman’s Plea To Save Dying Girl (patdollard.com)
- Kathleen Sebelius at center of storm over child’s lung transplant (givemeliberty01.com)
- Someone Lives Someone Dies (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)