” Members of the 113th Congress introduced 10 bills on Thursday relating to gun violence, most of which came from Democrats seeking new restrictions on gun ownership.
The flurry of legislative proposals show that members are likely to push the issue in the wake of the December shooting at a Connecticut elementary school that left 20 children dead.
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), whose husband was shot to death in 1993, introduced four of the bills. The congresswoman has vowed to seek changes in federal law in response to the school shooting. “
- DeGette Introduces Gun Control Bill That Would Ban Large Magazines (denver.cbslocal.com)
- An Atheist’s Thoughts on: Monetization and Over Reaction after a Tragedy (allthatsevil.wordpress.com)
- New Congress Wasting No Time, Introduces 10 Gun Control Bills (voicerussia.com)
- Should lawmakers reign in gun ownership? (kitv.com)
- Erik Garcés: Arguing With Statists | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ten New Gun Bills Introduced On First Day Of Congress (freedomoutpost.com)