Tag Archive: Brigham Young

Lynch, Memphis Top BYU 55-48 In Miami Beach Bowl






” They battled for 60 minutes, then again for two overtimes and literally fought after the final play.

  And for Memphis, the end result was a win 76 years in the making.

  Paxton Lynch threw four touchdown passes and rushed for three more scores, Jake Elliott kicked a 54-yard field goal to end the first extra session and Memphis wasted a pair of double-digit leads before rallying to beat BYU 55-48 in the inaugural Miami Beach Bowl on Monday.

” It wasn’t always pretty,” Memphis coach Justin Fuente said.

  After DaShaughn Terry sealed the win by picking off BYU quarterback Christian Stewart in the second OT, tensions and emotions took over. Dozens of people from both sidelines spilled toward the middle of the field, many punching and grabbing. Cameras caught BYU defensive back Kai Nacua — who had blood streaming from his face — coming from behind to punch in the head Memphis tight end Alan Cross, who was being restrained by someone from the Tigers’ staff. “


Read more












From The Daily Beast


” Student happiness is one of the most sought-after characteristics of four-year colleges and incoming students. To measure how well the nation’s schools are doing, we considered full-time freshman retention rate according to the National Center for Education Statistics for 25% of the methodology. For the remaining 75%, we turned to College Prowler for student ratings on the overall student experience and whether they would do it all over again, as well as the quality of the student health center.”




#17 The University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, Alabama


Full-time Freshman Retention Rate: 86%

Best Student Health Center (score out of 10):9.2

Best Overall Student Experience (score out of 10): 9.7   

Would Do It All Over Again (score out of 10):9.7


Read about he other nineteen here