Patriots , this kind of leadership is what should give us all cause for concern that the military has become just another tool of statism .
” Ahead of a Senate hearing on gun control today, Vice President Joe Biden met with retired military officials to thrash out a strategy to win over public approval for the implementation of strict anti-gun measures.
Retired general Stephen Xenakis told The Hill that he suggested to Biden that members of the military could help the White House move forward with its gun control agenda.
“The vice president understands that when it comes to communicating with credibility on guns, the two groups with the most credibility are law enforcement and military officials,” he said. “We have experience with both having weapons and using them responsibly, so we can get that message out.”
Xenakis said that military officials would be on hand to pitch gun control talking points to the public.
“He has a plan and he’s working with leaders in Congress to get it done.” Xenakis said of the Vice President.
Xenakis also appeared in a new “Demand a Plan” gun control advocating commercial this week, featuring several other retired army generals, put out by the Mayors Against Illegal Guns group, fronted by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.”
- Know Thy Enemey: Retired Generals & Admirals Happy To Help Push For ‘Gun Control’ (sgtreport.com)
- Biden Recruits Retired Brig. General to Help Push Gun Control (breitbart.com)
- Biden meets with retired military for help on gun control (thehill.com)
- Retired General Tells Biden: Military Can Help With Gun Control Agenda (pakalertpress.com)
- MAIG’s New ‘Demand A Plan’ with Generals (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Gun control ad: Assault weapons ‘not for cowards’ (politico.com)