” Gov. Andrew Cuomo reportedly has been long aware of the February 2012 research compiled by state officials, who concluded that hydraulic fracturing could be performed safely in New York. Yet amid political pressure from the environmentalist lobby, he buried the findings. The report became public in recent days when a copy was leaked to a newspaper.
When Cuomo campaigned, he indicated he was open to approving the process, which has been shut down in New York since a 2008 moratorium. But he’s apparently nervous about crossing those opposed to it.
We suggest Cuomo stiffen his spine. The benefits of fracking are phenomenal.
Fracking uses fluids injected under pressure to shatter rock and release oil and natural gas. It is not a new process. But it has been modernized and is taking energy output to new heights. “
- Report Debunks Damon Fracking Movie (freebeacon.com)
- Fracking supported in two new surveys (timesleader.com)
- Cuomo Puts First Things First: Re-election (commentarymagazine.com)
- Fracking can be done safely in New York state: dept report (reuters.com)
- Pluralities in N.Y., Pa. back drilling for natural gas in Marcellus shale, surveys find (triblive.com)
- Is Cuomo stalling on declaring fracking safe for New York? (hotair.com)
- Andrew Cuomo Would Rather Not Have Jobs For New York (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Fracking is Safe Says New York State Health Department (reason.com)