” Despite controversy surrounding international sanctions, Iran has called on foreign aid to recover a $40 million natural gas platform after it sunk to the seabed in the Persian Gulf.
Divers have been deployed to see how the 1,300-metric-ton platform can be pulled up, in the giant South Pars field, according to the state-owned Pars Oil and Gas Co. (POGC) Ltd. However, due to extreme weather conditions in the area, a recovery operation has not yet began.
The platform sunk to the bottom of the Gulf on Monday night as it was being installed by POGC and its builder, Iranian Marine Industrial Co. (Sadra), which is controlled by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards. It took 2.5 years to build.”
- Iranian $40 Million Platform Unit Sinks In Gulf (israelnationalnews.com)
- Iran calls for int. firms to help pull out drowned oil platform, no response yet (en.trend.az)
- Iranian $40-million gas platform sinks in Gulf (theglobeandmail.com)
- Iranian Navy Foils Pirate Attack on Oil Tanker Off Oman (shippingnewsandviews.wordpress.com)
- Iran calls for foreign help to recover $40 mln gas platform (worldbulletin.net)
- $40 Million Iranian Offshore Gas Platform Sinks During Installation (gcaptain.com)