Tag Archive: Smart Phone
” Data from smartphone traffic apps can help prevent traffic crashes by helping deploy police resources at the most accident-prone areas, Israeli researchers say.
Researchers at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev say data from geosocial networks like the Global Positioning System traffic app Waze can identify locations where collisions occur most frequently.
Waze, with a reported 30 million worldwide users, records location data and enables users to upload and share comments on traffic alerts, collisions or police presence. ”
- Ben-Gurion Univ. researchers data-mining geosocial networks to identify road safety issues and high frequency accident locations (greencarcongress.com)
- Study: Smartphone data could cut crashes (upi.com)
- Ben-Gurion U. researchers use data from traffic app to identify high frequency accident locations (eurekalert.org)
- Now, a mobile application to minimise accidents (ibnlive.in.com)
- A Way for Waze to Help Police at Traffic Trouble Spots (israelnationalnews.com)
- Now, mobile application to minimise accidents (firstpost.com)