Who does he think he’s fooling ? The crime rates nationally have been steadily declining for the past TWENTY years even as the population has grown by over 20% . There is no problem that the State needs to step in and address . There is no crisis awaiting the curative hand of State intrusion . This is a power grab plain and simple .
New York already has some of the toughest gun laws and it certainly is one of the most intrusive of bureaucracies , witness the mass exodus of corporation departing the state due to sky high taxes , onerous regulation and this unending attitude coming from Albany that the only solution is the State solution .
“We need a gun policy in this state that is reasonable, that is balanced, that is measured,” Cuomo said. “We respect hunters and sportsman. This is not taking away people’s guns. I own a gun … that’s not what this is about.”
“It is about ending the unnecessary risk of high-capacity assault rifles. That’s what this is about,” he added. “
If this governor is really interested in helping the people of his state he should devote his attentions to the real problems that exist in New York , namely the economy and jobs . Help to create an environment that is conducive to business growth and that will lead to more jobs , more revenue and less crime .
- “Gov. Cuomo Unleashed on Gun Control During State of the State Address” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Cuomo Moves to Beef Up NY Gun Laws (newser.com)
- Cuomo’s State Of The State To Include Gun Control (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- NRA President Fires Back at Cuomo (politicker.com)
- Observers see 2016 in Cuomo speech (politico.com)
- NRA President Fires Back at Cuomo (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Watch: New York Governor Calls for Assault Weapons Ban (abcnews.go.com)
- NY’s Cuomo proposes gun, ammo magazine limits (kfwbam.com)
- Cuomo the gunslinger (nydailynews.com)
- NY’s Cuomo sets sights high on gun control (cnsnews.com)