” There are groups that undermine and manipulate systems across America to end hunting, trapping and fishing.
These same “less-than-honest” groups also often then exploit wildlife and conservation issues in the name of raising dollars for their devious causes.
Here are a dozen organizations that have taken efforts in the past year to prevent you from hunting or trapping:
1. Humane Society of the United States (HSUS): After losing an effort to have the chairman of California’s Game Commission removed because he went legally hunting for mountain lions in another state, HSUS then pushed legislation to end the hunting of bears and bobcats with hounds in California. HSUS has also threatened to sue to stop wolf hunting in the Western Great Lakes region. Shame on them.
2. Center for Biological Diversity: This group has repeatedly sued the federal government to end the use of traditional hunting ammunition through attempts to ban lead. This ban would also apply to fishing tackle and would affect all sportsmen and women. The group’s information is based on flawed details about lead and bullets. The CBD is also working-and suing-to stop Western Great Lakes region wolf hunting seasons. “
- Local judge reopens wolf hunting and trapping right next to Yellowstone Park (thewildlifenews.com)
- Top 12 Organizations against hunting, trapping, and fishing (therightofway.net)
- Illegal to obstruct lawful hunters (lfpress.com)
- Michigan Closer To Wolf Hunting Under New Law (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Montana Judge Orders Wolf Killing to Resume Near Yellowstone (commondreams.org)
- Judge to rule in Wis. wolf hunt challenge (lacrossetribune.com)